I have been waiting to post about this until I got this blog up and running so here it is. I was teaching a small basic sewing class and this was one of our first projects, (most of the students were young mothers). Here are the fabrics I used. The darker fabric is for the back.Here is the completed cover all rolled up and ready to go into a diaper bag.
Here is the strap that goes around the mothers neck, it is adjustable which I love.
This is the whole cover, the pattern I used was for a one sided cover but I wanted it to look nice from either side and I also wanted it to be a little larger because I know babies like to wiggle a lot.