Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pillow cases with french seams!

I whipped these up from cutting them out to finished in about 2 hours flat! They are so easy; I'm wondering why I haven't made more before this?
I was at Walmart the other day and my son spotted this fun turtle fabric, he asked me right away if I could make him a blanket out of it. I said how about a pillow case instead, he said "Yeah, mom that's what I want, its really cool fabric."
I made 2 so that both my boys could have one, no fighting over it that way. I also made them with french seams. An extra step yes, but I didn't have to retread my serger that way. I think retreading the serger would have taken me longer, plus I wanted to try it with the french seams and I have to say I will be using them the next time I make a pillow case.

No comments: